We advise on all legal and commercial issues involved in the structure, staging and promotion of all types of live events. This includes live music, theatre productions, conferences, exhibitions and experiential events.
Our Live Events specialists advise on all required contracts from investment agreements and creative team agreements through to bespoke cast and crew contracts. Over the years, this has included contractual arrangements for major world tours by bands such as Queen and the Spice Girls to global theatrical triumphs such as Michael Flatley's Lord of the Dance tour.
Our lawyers also advise on the buying and selling of event companies and events. These have included Counter Terror Expo, World Future Energy Summit, Learning Technologies, RSVP, Restaurant Show, Move It!, the Surfaces Show, Adventure Travel Show and the Spa Show.
We also specialise in the acquisition of rights and licence arrangements to run conferences, shows and exhibitions. This has included the acquisition of the rights to run the British International Motor Show, London Fashion Week and Weekend and all legal issues and contractual arrangements in relation to running these events. We have also advised on licence arrangements to reproduce exhibitions such as The Gadget Show Live and Top Gear Live.
The team's areas of expertise encompass:
- Consulting on complex earn out structures
- Buying and selling of events and events companies
- Event management and licence agreements
- Joint venture arrangements
- Cloning and international roll outs
- Venue hire and co-location
- Trademarks and data protection
- Sponsorship, merchandising and brand licensing
- Performer agreements and TV format deals