James Beshoff - Consultant, Corporate & Commercial
James (Jim) is a consultant to Lee & Thompson’s Corporate & Commercial Group, specialising in corporate transactional work.
Jim qualified in 1986 and went onto to become equity partner in the Corporate Department at the City practice of what is now DACBeachcroft. During this time, he dealt with many large corporate transactions including:-
- privatisation of the water industry;
- establishment of Virgin Direct (now Virgin Money);
- acquisition of Petplan insurance;
- merger of Coca-Cola bottling companies to create Coca-Cola HBC AG.
After nearly 20 years in the City, Jim moved to establish his own practice, Beshoffs Solicitors, advising on ‘smaller’ corporate transactions for a range of clients across a broad spectrum of industries, with a focus on owner-managed businesses and clients.
He advises on a variety of corporate transactions including start-ups, joint venture arrangements, private equity investments, shareholders agreements, reorganisations and share & asset sales and disposals. Jim’s approach to corporate transactions is establishing clear process and documentation, with expertise in negotiation.
Notable recent deals that Jim has advised on include:-
- sale of further stake in Baby Cow Productions to BBC Worldwide;
- funding rounds and secondary sales in relation to Notonthehighstreet.com;
- sale of interest in Independent Talent Group Limited ;
- buy out of interests for the management of TRIPP luggage.
+44 (0) 7710066486