- Rights acquisition for all kinds of UK and international television development, production and exploitation
- Commissioning, co-production and financing agreements
- Clearance and content advice (privacy, script and specialists rights and union based television clearance including defamation)
- Television format deals
- Music and event based television programming
- Licensing and merchandising
- Content distribution
- All kinds of production contracts
- General commercial advisory
We’ve spent many years building up industry knowledge and forging strong relationships globally with Television’s key players. This advantage makes us highly trusted advisors. It also means our clients benefit from superior market knowledge and exceptional commercial, strategic and legal advice. Our team also has extensive in-house legal and business affairs experience which helps us understand our clients’ businesses and their needs.
As well as being lawyers for some of the major producers, we also represent many smaller niche producers including many of the talent driven independent production companies.
We handle all aspects of television related legal and commercial work including all development, production, co-production, financing, distribution and format matters with particular emphasis on drama and all areas of scripted programming and rights clearance work.
Our intimate knowledge of the television business makes us the industry’s go-to team for all kinds of television media deals including a number of emerging financing and rights models that arise from co-commissioning in the TV market and both linear and non-linear commissioning from broadcasters and SVOD platforms including Netflix, Amazon, Hulu etc.
Areas we cover
+44 (0)20 3073 7676