Film & TV
We have provided clearance advice on some of the most successful film and TV productions in recent years and across all genres, including documentaries, factual drama, fictional drama, ‘blue light’ programmes, factual entertainment shows, reality television, comedy and children’s animations. Services include:
- Advising your team at initial creative meetings
- Reviewing scripts and pre-locked edits
- Providing detailed guidance on any libel and privacy issues
- Providing specific advice on clearing rights in music, video clips, performances, artwork, photographs, and trademarks
- ‘Fair dealing’ advice
- Advising on Ofcom compliance, contempt and reporting restriction issues
- Advising on data protection compliance issues
- Preparing all clearance documentation
- On call assistance throughout development and production
- Advising on the completion of Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance forms
- Providing day to day assistance and support to any internal clearance crew or engaged content clearance house
Our experienced content lawyers provide pre-publication legal clearance and compliance advice to authors, publishers and insurers in respect of book manuscripts and any other kind of printed content.
Our team provides regulatory and clearance advice to advertising agencies, both large and small, and to brand owners themselves, from major international brands to independent talent.