- Obtaining emergency injunctions
- Preventing and challenging publication or broadcast of damaging stories or private information
- Online privacy protection and defamation issues
- Defamation (libel, slander), privacy, copyright and data protection litigation
- Phone hacking claims against Newsgroup Newspapers and Mirror Group
- Protecting high profile individuals from harassment by the paparazzi, the media or online
- Pre-publication content clearance and advice to publishers and content creators
- Obtaining social media, search engine and website takedowns, corrections, removal of unlawful content and unmasking anonymous defendants
- Making complaints to media regulators and the Information Commissioner Office
- Providing pre-emptive, commercial advice on brand and reputation protection and enhancement
We work with clients across the media, entertainment and creative industries and we understand how damaging stories can affect a brand or a career, an image or an individual. That’s why we’re relentless when it comes to protecting our clients’ reputations and safeguarding their privacy.
Our clients trust us to shield them from unwanted press attention and to defend their reputation against unjustified media attacks. Our formidable track record means media outlets take our instruction seriously. As a result, we’re regularly able to resolve disputes discreetly, without the need for formal action.
Where proceedings are required – be it to assert our client’s right to reputation, maintain their privacy or enforce their ‘right to be forgotten’ – our pedigree and experience means we’re able to secure swift and effective outcomes for our clients.
We’re accustomed to liaising with clients’ PR advisers as well as lawyers in other jurisdictions, regularly providing crisis management services to minimise the impact of stories threatening to break here or internationally. We also work closely with technology security specialists to protect our clients’ information and confidential data from loss or attack.
+44 (0)20 3073 7636